Urologist aren’t just for men, woman may need to see this type of doctor too. Urologist are trained to treat and diagnose problems that affect the urinary tract and reproductive system.
Symptoms that Urologist treat for women and men:
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI’s) – Painful or frequent urination.
- Urinary Incontinence – Involuntary loss of bladder control- this occurs after pregnancy and menopause.
- Urinary Fistula – abnormal connection between the kidney, bladder, urethra, colon and vagina resulting in feces and urine leakage.
- Pelvic/ bladder Prolapse – weakening of the muscles and tissues surrounding the vagina causing pelvic and organs to fall out of their normal position.
- Voiding Dysfunction – Bladder does not empty properly.
- Kidney Stones – Mineral and salts in the urine form a stone.
- Overactive Bladder – Frequent urges to urinate.
If you have any of these symptoms seek a Urologist or Urogynecologist to diagnose and treat your symptoms.